abc-clio e-book collection
- Access to the full text of over 3,400 electronic books covering a wide range of subject areas.
acls humanities e-book project
- Access to the full text of 2,200 scholarly electronic books of major importance to historical studies.
(American Council of Learned Societies)
ebsco e-books (formerly netlibrary)
- Access to the full text of over 65,000 electronic books, including recent reference, scholarly and
professional titles. Click here for detailed directions on how to download
e-books to your personal computer.
evans early american imprints
- Digital editions of more than 37,200 works -- "virtually every book, pamphlet and broadside published in
America over 160 year period." Subjects include government, history, economics and trade, literature,
philosophy, religion, theology, science, society. (Readex)
gale virtual reference library
- Access to the full text of 105 authoritative electronic reference books in the arts, history, natural
sciences, religion and the social sciences.
the laurel yearbooks(digitized)
- The Ramsey Center collaborated with Digital NC to digitize Mars Hill yearbooks spanning from 1917-2011.
Check out old friends, retro styles, and see what your professors looked like when they were students!
mountain people: life and culture in appalachia
- "This collection consists of the diaries, journals, and narratives of explorers, emigrants, military men,
Native Americans, and travelers. In addition, there are accounts on the development of farming and mining communities, family
histories, and folklore. These accounts provide a view of the of the vast region between Lexington, Kentucky and Winchester,
Virginia, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Birmingham, Alabama, which spans three and a half centuries and provides information
on the social, political, economic, scientific, religious and agricultural characteristics of the region."
- "MyiLibrary offers access to more than 350 full-text online books. Books are available on a variety of
topics, including Language Learning, Medical and Health, American History, World History, North
Carolina History, Project Management, Classic Literature, Art, Do It Yourself, and Criminology."
one click audio
- The world's largest independent publisher and distributor of unabridged audiobooks on cassettes, CDs, and
oxford reference online
- Complete contents of more than 200 titles published by Oxford University Press, including subject
encyclopedias, dictionaries and other reference books in 25 subject areas. Facts, figures, definitions,
translations as well as over 50,000 in-depth, scholarly articles from titles in the Oxford Companions
springer e-book collection
- Access to the full text of 48 electronic books, primarily related to psychology.
wiley interscience e-book collection
- Access to the full text of electronic books covering biology, chemistry, physics, genetics, mathematics,